Apprenticeship Training Agencies
Apprentices for Business was an approved Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) and is one of the original members of the Confederation of Apprenticeship Training Agencies (CoATA). Their apprentice recruitment services provided businesses with a completely different approach to the hiring of junior of staff. We can act as the legal employer; we then place our apprentices and graduates with a suitable ‘host’ company. Similar to an employment agency, they managed all of the HR, payroll and employment functions, relieving the host employer of the administrative burden involved in taking on a new member of staff.
How It Worked – a breakdown of our Apprentice recruitment services:
- Targeted promotion of employment/apprenticeship opportunities to local young people
- Promoting vacancies with key partners such as Jobcentre Plus, Work Programme providers, the National Apprenticeship Service and local schools, colleges and universities
- Promoting vacancies via social media, 3rd sector, voluntary organisations and community groups
- Access to our candidate pool database
- Coordination of group selection/interview days
- Pre-screening of candidates including literacy & numeracy testing and aptitude testing where required
- Sifting, screening and matching of applicants against employer specifications
- Coordination and communication of interview and assessment dates with applicants
- Coordination of interview venue, times and dates
- Hosting and assisting with candidate interviews
- Reference checking
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks
Download our Information Brochure for a full explanation of our recruitment services!
The recruitment of junior/entry level staff through us really is a simple and straightforward process.
Meet one of our expert training and recruitment consultants
- Together we agree the job description, person specification and wage
- We advertise the vacancy and manage all the applications
- We interview and screen applicants, then send you a shortlist of the most suitable
- You select the candidates you wish to meet and we arrange the interviews
- You choose your apprentice employee
- You employ them yourself or outsource all of the legal employment responsibilities to us
- We carry out a Health & Safety check at your workplace and advise you of our findings
- We conduct a full pre-employment induction with the apprentice, then they start work for you
- We source and organise the best and most appropriate training through our network of Ofsted-inspected colleges and training providers
- We support you and your apprentice for the duration of their apprenticeship training
It’s straightforward: you want an Apprentice and they sorted it out for you!